5.31.2008

About a Blog, or Portrait of the Artist, Who Is a Young Man

Look, another blog! Surely critical mass has now been reached and the world will become a carbon-neutral progressive wonderland any day.

Who I Am: Male. Twentysomething. Recent college graduate. Gay. Atheist most of the time, a little bit Pagan others. Moving across the country to Pacific Northwest Suburb soon. At that time, I will be a teacher. I try to be as eco-friendly as an American can. I try to be as much an ally to feminists and people of color as a white dude can. My greatest aspiration is to have a modest home in the city where I can live compactly and efficiently, walk or bike everywhere, and grow as much of my own food as possible; and also own a large chunk of forested Middle of Nowhere where I can build a cabin and be your kooky survivalist uncle. A partner to share that with is also high on the list. I swear kind of a lot.

Who This Blog Is: My interests center on issues related to education, feminism, LGBTQ rights, social justice, environmentalism, and kooky survivalism. Everyone has numerous issues, and most people pick one windmill to spend most of their time tilting at. I haven't picked one yet, so my focus tends to wander amongst all the above. Maybe in the near future my focus will improve. Maybe blogging will help with that. Or maybe I'll just be a terribly unfocused mess of contradictions a renaissance man all my days.

No comments: